This 6-Ingredient Cottage Cheese Dip recipe is DELICIOUS and high in protein! It’s made with fresh herbs, olive oil, and feta cheese.
This post is all about how to make this easy Cottage Cheese Dip.
This Whipped Cottage Cheese dip is incredibly delicious and creamy and includes the perfect amount of fresh herbs for a tasty obsession. Even though this dip is considered healthy and loaded with protein, it still tastes sinfully delicious, and most everyone will LOVE it!
I like to serve this dip with sea salt pita crackers, but it also makes for a savory pizza spread because it tastes similar to creamy ricotta. This whipped cottage cheese dip is also easy to make and only requires six main ingredients: cottage cheese, feta cheese, olive oil, tomatoes, basil, and chives.
For this recipe, you’ll need a food processor to blend the cheese and olive oil into a smooth base. This addicting dip is then topped with a marinated spread of baby tomatoes and fresh herbs. I highly recommend drizzling a balsamic glaze on top (a 7th optional component). Let’s dive into all of the step-by-step recipe details below!
Whipped Cottage Cheese Dip
What Is Good To Mix With Cottage Cheese?
Because cottage cheese tastes primarily plain and mild, it quickly picks up the wonderful flavors of extra virgin olive oil and fresh herbs in an unbelievably delicious way! While it can be good to mix almost anything with cottage cheese, this appetizer party spread highlights the taste of these fresh components in the BEST way.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Cottage Cheese, 16 ounces
- Crumbled Feta Cheese, a heaping 1/4 cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1-2 tablespoons – This is a personal taste preference. Add one tablespoon first, then taste test. If you want more, then blend in another tablespoon.
Ingredients For The Tomato Marinade Topping:
- Baby Tomatoes, 10 ounces, quartered.
- Fresh Chives, 1-2 tablespoons chopped. – I love fresh chives, so I added two tablespoons.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 3 tablespoons
- Fresh Basil, 1/4 cup chopped.
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
Optional But Highly Recommended Topping Ingredient:
- Good Knife (for chopping)
- Mixing bowl (for the marinade)
Is Cottage Cheese Good For Your Stomach?
While cottage cheese is known to be low-fat and high in calcium, you should be happy to hear it’s also good for your gut because it can contain probiotics. Because not every package contains probiotics, it’s important to check the labels for live and active cultures, aka probiotics.
How To Make This Best Cottage Cheese Dip, Step-By-Step
Step 1: Add the cottage cheese, feta cheese, and 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to the food processor.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Tasting Tip: Add one tablespoon of olive oil first, then taste test after blending. If you want more, then blend in another tablespoon. This is a personal taste preference. For example, I only added one tablespoon to my dip.
Step 2: Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy (about one minute). Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed and blend again.
Step 3: Cut the baby tomatoes into quarters and add them to a separate bowl. Add the chopped basil, chopped chives, three tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper to the same bowl and mix. Allow the mixture to marinate for 20 minutes.
Chopped Chives Tip: Add 1-2 tablespoons of chopped chives to the marinade. I added two tablespoons because I LOVE chives.
Step 4: Now that the tomato mixture has marinated, it’s time to serve it up! Spoon the cottage cheese dip onto a plate platter and top with the tomato marinade. Lastly, I highly recommend drizzling a creamy balsamic glaze on top.
Serving Tip: These sea salt pita crackers (pictured below) taste perfect with this Cottage Cheese Dip!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- One of the most NUTRITIOUS appetizer dips!
- So EASY.
- Even though it’s healthy, it’s INSANELY DELICIOUS.
FAQs & Expert Tips For This Cottage Cheese Dip Recipe
Can This Healthy Cottage Cheese Dip Be Made In 5 Minutes?
The whipped cottage cheese dip can be made in 5 minutes, but I recommend that the tomato mixture marinates for at least 15 minutes.
Does Cottage Cheese Melt?
NO, this type of cheese won’t melt because it contains too much acid.
What Fruit Is Good With Cottage Cheese?
If you have leftover cottage cheese after making this recipe, you could serve it with delicious fruits like apple slices, bananas, berries, jam spreads, and canned peaches. Really any fruit is a great companion!
How Do You Make Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip?
Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip is quite popular and easy to make! I would purchase a one-ounce packet of ranch seasoning and blend it well with the cottage cheese. You could also add in fresh chives.
Why Would Anyone Add Worcestershire Sauce To This Dip?
Some add 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce to this dip because it adds a tangy flavor.
What Other Types Of Cottage Cheese Dips Are There?
Should I Use A Food Processor Or A Blender?
It’s best to use a food processor because it easily blends the cottage cheese into a smooth texture. But you can use a blender if you don’t own a food processor.
What Should I Dip In Easy Cottage Cheese Dip?
Of course, crackers are fantastic, but you could use this dip for veggies as well.
Does Cottage Cheese Have A Lot Of Nutrition?
Yes! It’s loaded with calcium, B & A vitamins, phosphorus, and selenium.
What Do I Serve With Cottage Cheese Dip?
As mentioned, I love serving this dip with sea salt pita crackers, but crostini would also be delicious!
How Should I Store Cottage Cheese Dip?
You can store this dip in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days. Be sure to keep it sealed tightly.
Can I Freeze This Dip?
You can, but the texture will change, and it might not taste as delicious. I don’t recommend freezing this dip.
What Type of Cottage Cheese Should I Use For This Dip Recipe?
I would use full-fat cottage cheese, so it’s creamier. If you use a low-fat brand, it will still be delicious, just less creamy.
Whipped Cottage Cheese Dip
- Food Processor
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Good Knife (for chopping)
- Mixing Bowl (for the marinade)
- Serving Plate
Ingredients You'll Need For Whipped Cottage Cheese Dip:
- 16 ounces Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese (a heaping 1/4 cup)
- 1-2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (This is a personal taste preference. Add one tablespoon first and blend, then taste test. If you want more, blend in another tablespoon.)
Ingredients You'll Need For The Marinade Topping:
- 10 ounces Baby Tomatoes (then cut into quarters).
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh Chives, chopped. (I love fresh chives, so I added two tablespoons.)
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, chopped.
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
Optional But Highly Recommended Ingredient:
- Creamy Balsamic Glaze (I drizzle this on top right before serving the dip.)
How To Make Cottage Cheese Dip, Step-By-Step
- Add the cottage cheese, feta cheese, and 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to the food processor. Extra Virgin Olive Oil Tasting Tip: Add one tablespoon of olive oil first, then taste test after blending. If you want more, then blend in another tablespoon. This is a personal taste preference. For example, I only added one tablespoon to my dip.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy (about one minute). Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed and blend again.
- Cut the baby tomatoes into quarters and add them to a separate bowl. Add the chopped basil, chopped chives, three tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper to the same bowl and mix. Allow the mixture to marinate for 20 minutes.Chopped Chives Tip: Add 1-2 tablespoons of chopped chives to the marinade. I added two tablespoons because I LOVE chives.
Final Thoughts On Whipped Cottage Cheese Dip
This delicious Cottage Cheese Dip is incredibly tasty and one of the BEST party appetizers you could serve your guests! The FRESH herbs set this flavorful dip apart from any other recipe.