This classic Bruschetta Recipe is fresh, delicious, and will have everyone asking for more! It’s the perfect appetizer to serve all year round and pairs wonderfully with sparkling wine or a light red.
This post is all about how to make EASY Bruschetta.
What makes this five-star Bruschetta Recipe incredibly delicious? Because it’s made with FRESH ingredients and the best extra virgin olive oil you can buy, it’s a snack topping that CANNOT compare to anything else.
So, what is bruschetta exactly? It’s a popular Italian side, and its main ingredients include fresh tomatoes, basil, and extra virgin olive oil. Of course, bruschetta toppings can vary from recipe to recipe; those three remain tried and true.
Once the bruschetta toppings are combined and have had an hour to marinate, it’s typically served over a toasted french baguette. Can you say heaven?!
And believe it or not, bruschetta is easy to make, which means you won’t ever have to buy a store-bought jar. But please don’t think this recipe is lacking in any way just because its title includes the word EASY. It’s always been simple to make, but the KEY is following this recipe’s ingredients.
So, if you’re still with me, let’s get into what makes this bruschetta the BEST!
EASY BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
WHAT INGREDIENTS WILL I NEED?
EASY BRUSCHETTA RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Chives
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black pepper
- Creamy Balsamic Glaze
Below are a few tips to help you make this EASY bruschetta recipe over the top GOOD.
HERB SCISSORS – These sharp and affordable multidimensional kitchen shears are PERFECT for cutting herbs like basil and chives. Slicing herbs correctly and efficiently is essential when making easy bruschetta.
With the scissors, use the chiffonade method when cutting fresh basil. It’s a French term that means little ribbons. Stack the eight leaves together, face down from the biggest leaf to the smallest. Next, roll the leaves up like a cigar. Lastly, cut 1/8″ ribbon-sized pieces with the kitchen scissors.
Purchase these Multidimensional Scissors on AMAZON.
BALSAMIC VINEGAR GLAZE – This balsamic reduction is just the right amount of tart and sweet for bruschetta. Its creamy consistency adds a perfect finishing touch to this recipe. You can also enjoy this five-star balsamic glaze with green salads, meats, and vegetables.
Purchase this Balsamic Glaze on AMAZON.
Purchase this Olive Oil on AMAZON.
WHAT TOMATOES ARE BEST FOR BRUSCHETTA?
While cherry tomatoes are certainly not the only type of tomato used when making delicious bruschetta, there are a couple of GREAT and EASY reasons you should be using cherry tomatoes.
- AVOID soggy bruschetta at ALL COSTS by using cherry tomatoes. And if you don’t choose to use this type, it’s recommended that you seed and peel your tomatoes. 😩 However, If you use cherry tomaotes, you DO NOT need to seed or peel them.
- AVOID tasteless bruschetta by using cherry tomatoes. They have an added extra sweetness that most tomatoes do not have.
Save yourself a TON of time and use CHERRY TOMATOES. Also, avoid soggy and tasteless bruschetta by using CHERRY TOMATOES.
SHOULD BRUSCHETTA BE SERVED WARM OR COLD?
Traditionally it’s served WARM because of the toasted bread and cheese. DO NOT warm the bruschetta itself.
Here’s a SNEAK PEEK at how to serve the BEST bruschetta:
Once the bruschetta toppings have had an hour to marinate, begin toasting the bread. Be sure to buy a crusty french baguette. Cut the slices diagonally and 1/2 inch thick.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush each slice of bread generously with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle sea salt on top. Bake the slices for 7 minutes.
Next, cut 1-inch slices of brie cheese. Once the seven minutes are up, place a slice of cheese on top of each piece of toasted bread. Place the bread back in the oven for an additional 3 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove the bread after 3 minutes and add a spoonful of bruschetta on top of each slice.
WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF BREAD FOR BRUSCHETTA?
Roasted eggplant slices are a healthy substitute for bread and enhance the taste of bruschetta. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the eggplant into 1/2 inch slices, keeping the skin on.
Place the slices on a lined baking sheet. Similar to the bread slices, brush extra virgin olive oil onto each slice (front and back) and sprinkle sea salt on top. Bake the eggplant slices for about 27 minutes.
Add some brie cheese on top and put the slices back in the oven for an additional 3 minutes. Lastly, add a spoonful of bruschetta on top and serve immediately.
HOW DO I STORE BRUSCHETTA LEFTOVERS?
Leftover bruschetta can keep in the fridge for three to four days. Be sure to store it in an airtight container.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON THIS EASY BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
I hope by now you feel inspired to make this Easy Bruschetta Recipe! Again, this Italian snack is perfect as an appetizer or first-course meal. Friends, family, and even kids are guaranteed to LOVE its fresh taste and presentation. If you have any questions or tips, please feel free to let me know below in the comments.
EASY BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
- Sharp knife and kitchen shears
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, cut each one into four ways.
- 8 Fresh Basil Leaves, cut them into ribbon-sized pieces with kitchen shears. Refer to the chiffonade method in the article.
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, cracked.
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic or 1 Garlic Clove, minced.
- 1 tsp Creamy Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chives, cut with kitchen shears.
- 1 French Baguette Roll, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- 8 ounces Brie Cheese, cut 1-inch slices.
EASY BRUSCHETTA INSTRUCTIONS
- Clean and dry the cherry tomatoes thoroughly. Cut them into four ways.
- In a serving bowl, add cut tomatoes, cut basil, salt, pepper, olive oil, minced garlic, creamy balsamic vinegar glaze, and fresh chives. Mix ingredients.
- Allow the bruschetta to marinate for an hour or two in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the french baguette roll diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- Brush extra virgin olive oil generously onto each bread slice. Sprinkle sea salt on top. Place the bread slices on a lined baking sheet.
- Toast the bread in the oven for 7 minutes at 400 degrees F. Begin cutting the brie cheese into 1-inch slices.
- After 7 minutes of toasting, place one piece of brie cheese onto each bread slice. Place them back in the oven for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add a spoonful of bruschetta on top of each toasted bread slice.
- Serve immediately.