Rich and moist with just the right amount of oreo chunks! This easy Oreo Brownie Cookies recipe is similar to slutty brownies and Oreo brookies.
This post is all about how to make Oreo Brownie Cookies.
These cookies are sinfully delicious because they’re made with brownie batter, chocolate chips, and of course, chunks of Oreos. This recipe is one of the EASIEST you’ll find because it calls for a store-bought brownie mix which will save you time and ingredients.
After a ton of research and a few baking mishaps, I learned that every brownie mix is different, meaning baking times will vary for each brand. This recipe specifically calls for a box of Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate brownie mix. Keep in mind that every oven works differently, so you may need to adjust the baking time by a few minutes.
So, how are these cookies similar to slutty brownies and Oreo brookies? First, it’s important to note that slutty brownies and Oreo brookies are the same recipes but with different names. They both call for a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreo cookies, and, lastly, a layer of brownie mix. After they bake, they’re cut into bars resembling a brownie.
Oreo Brownie Cookies are similar, but the recipe doesn’t call for chocolate chip cookie dough, and they’re baked in the form of a cookie, not a brownie. So, why are Oreo Brownie Cookies better? Because these cookies stick with one type of dough, your taste buds aren’t overwhelmed by too many sweet components.
Oreo Brownie Cookies
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix, 19 ounces.
- All-Purpose Flour, 1/3 cup
- 2 Eggs, beaten.
- Vegetable Oil, 2/3 cup.
- Oreo Pieces, 1 cup. I cut each Oreo into four crumbly quarters and stuffed the cup full.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, 3/4 cup.
- Add extra Oreo pieces to the tops of each warm cookie. I added two to three (quarter) pieces to each cookie.
- Add (OPTIONAL) extra chocolate chips to the tops of each warm cookie. I DO NOT think this is necessary unless you want a very SWEET cookie. I only added about four extra morsels to the top.
- Stand Mixer, or you can mix by hand with a spoon or spatula.
- Sharp knife for chopping each Oreo into four crumbly pieces.
- Parchment Paper, precut sheets are life-changing!
- Spoonula Spatula (optional)
- Cookie Scoop, equivalent to 2 tablespoons. (optional)
How To Make Oreo Brownie Cookies, Step-By-Step
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Step 2: Add the brownie mix and flour to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Step 3: Next, add the vegetable oil and beaten eggs. Mix the ingredients thoroughly. FYI, the batter will be thick and sticky.
Step 4: Add the chocolate chips and Oreo pieces to the batter and mix.
Step 5: Let the cookie dough rest in the refrigerator for ten minutes. This will thicken the dough and make scooping out the cookies easier.
Step 6: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add a spoonful (two tablespoons) of Oreo brownie mix cookie dough to the sheet. Use a cookie scoop for an accurate two tablespoons. Space each cookie two inches apart. You should get around 24 cookies.
Step 7: Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees F. Remember, every oven works differently.
Step 8: Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Step 9: While the cookies are still warm, top each one with about two to three Oreo pieces. I chopped each Oreo cookie into four crumbly pieces. I added about four extra chocolate chips to the top of each cookie, but I DO NOT think this is necessary unless you want an extra SWEET effect.
Why You Will Love This Recipe!
- Super Easy
- Over-The-Top Delicious
- The Best Brownie & Cookie Combo You’ll Ever Taste.
Variations For Brownie Cookie Recipes With Oreos:
Oreo brookies are made in an 8×8 or 9×9 pan. The first layer is chocolate chip cookie dough, the second is Oreo cookies, and the final layer is brownie mix. Oreo brookies resemble brownies.
Slutty brownies contain the same ingredients as Oreo brookies. They’re often made in an 8×8 or 9×9 pan too.
Oreo Brownie Recipe
These brownies are made with a mix and have added chunks of Oreos in the batter.
Crack Oreo Brownies
This is just another name for the slutty brownies recipe and Oreo brookies.
Oreo Stuffed Brownie Cookies
For this version, you would take two tablespoons of cookie dough and wrap it around a whole Oreo cookie. You can follow this recipe for the brownie dough but omit the Oreo pieces since you’ll be using an entire Oreo instead.
FAQs & Expert Tips For Oreo Brownie Cookies
Is Every Brownie Mix The Same?
No! And I had to learn this the hard way. Every brownie mix is different because every brand has slightly different ingredients. This recipe calls explicitly for the Ghirardelli brownie mix brand.
How Do You Know When Brownie Cookies Are Done?
They will begin to look crackled on top. After the cookie has finished baking, ensure it sets on the sheet for at least ten minutes, and then pull one apart to check the insides.
Can I Freeze These Cookies?
Yes! Once they’ve cooled completely, you can place them in a freezer-safe container. Store these cookies in the freezer for up to three months.
How Do I Store Oreo Brownie Cookies?
After these cookies have cooled, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Avoid placing the cookies in the refrigerator.
Can I Use Double Stuf Oreos For This Recipe?
Of course! The Double Stuf Oreos just have more cream in the middle.
What Makes A Brownie Cookie Moist?
The oil and eggs make the brownie cookie soft and fudgy.
How Many Calories Are In A Brownie Oreo Cookie?
These cookies have around 200 calories each. And it’s worth every calorie (in my opinion)!
Can I Make The Dough To Chill Overnight?
These cookies are best if baked right away, but if you want to chill the dough overnight, at least scoop out each cookie first. If you don’t scoop the dough, it will be too hard after a night of chilling in the refrigerator.
Oreo Brownie Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Stand Mixer – or you can mix by hand.
- Knife – for chopping each Oreo into four crumbly pieces.
- Baking Sheets
- Parchment paper
- Cooling Rack
- Cookie Scoop – equivalent to two tablespoons (optional but helpful).
Ingredients You'll Need For Oreo Brownie Cookies
- 1 Box Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix, 19-20 ounces. You can use the double chocolate mix and dark chocolate mix too.
- 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs, Beaten.
- 2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Oreo Pieces – I cut each Oreo into four crumbly quarters and stuffed the cup full.
- 3/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
How To Make Oreo Brownie Cookies, Step-By-Step
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the brownie mix and flour to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Next, add the vegetable oil and beaten eggs. Mix the ingredients thoroughly. FYI, the batter will be thick and sticky.
- Add the chocolate chips and Oreo pieces to the batter and mix.
- Let the cookie dough rest in the refrigerator for ten minutes. This will thicken the dough and make scooping out the cookies easier.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees F. Remember, every oven works differently.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- While the cookies are still warm, top each one with about two to three Oreo pieces. I chopped each Oreo cookie into four crumbly quarters. I added about four extra chocolate chips to the top of each cookie, but I DO NOT think this is necessary unless you want an extra SWEET effect.
Final Thoughts On Oreo Brownie Cookies
These cookies are DELICIOUS, and I know you’ll think so too! If you ever find yourself in a cookie contest, this recipe will bring home the trophy. If you love these cookies, please share this article with your friends and family on social media. SHARING IS CARING! 🙂
You can follow career girl meets… on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for more home decor ideas, recipes, and gift guides.
Other Brownie And Cookie Bar Recipes:
Ghirardelli Brownie Mix Cookies
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Leave a Reply